Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course (MBSR)
MBSR is the most researched training in mindfulness but there are other lesser-known mindfulness trainings that are not as long as the 8-week MBSR. Mindfulness in the MBSR course is taught with the emphasis to reduce stress and help decrease pain. However, many clients want to reduce burnout, build mental toughness or enhance performances like increasing sales, customer service experience or job satisfaction. In the field of Performance Psychology there are several mindfulness-based courses that can be used for such purposes. These are researched programs largely based off research in clinical Psychology, but adapted for mindfulness in sport, corporations and hospitals.
Group Mindfulness Courses
SatiMind offers and trains the classic 8 week MBSR course but our main focus is shorter mindfulness programs for our clients. We have been able to track how effective they are compared to the 8 week MBSR course. As Sport & Performance Psychologists, we have unique teams that have less time to train than just individuals wanting to learn mindfulness. These teams could have other needs like culture improvement, team building, leader development, motivation, or conflict management issues. Many times our mindfulness programs have helped create faster and more precise changes in group behavior or team environment.
We have found that the longer a person practices or the more sessions one shows up to can impact mindfulness scores from pre-test to post-test. Based on our experience we have customized our Mindfulness training s to be the most effective for our clients whether they are a specific military client or a even technology company, as these industries may have different needs. Certain clients have more time than others and some have specific needs like increasing focus, stress reduction or leadership development that they might want to emphasize.
Mindfulness Training for Professionals
- Our Dive Deeper on The Path course is for small groups and larger teams. This is a half-day (4 hour) course for teams that are generally from 7-25 people.
Mindfulness for Enhancing Sport Performance
- Emphasis: Mental toughness, Focus Control, Mental Flexibility, Emotional Intelligence, Flow States, Growth Mindset
- Primarily for Professional, College or College-Bound Athletes, Soldiers, Police
Mindfulness for Health Care Professionals
- Emphasis: Communication, Culture of Care and Compassion, Burnout Strategies
- Primarily for: Any Hospital or Health Care Staff, Doctors, Nurses, Providers, psychologists, counselors, social workers
Mindfulness for Executives, Leaders, and Corporate Staff
- Emphasis: Performing under Pressure, Team Building, Motivating yourself and others, Overcoming Setbacks, Clear Goals, Confidence, Communication, and Emotional Control
- Primarily for: Corporate Teams, Managers, or Executives
Insights from the Founders -Derek Beairsto & Erik Leslie